Thursday, November 28, 2013

Are You Ready For This?

     Are you ready for Bonnie Hunter's 2013 mystery "Celtic Solstice"?   I am!  
I have to say that last year I was VERY reluctant to do the mystery because I wasn't sure I was up to the challenge but my BFF's were confident I could do it and even keep up with the weekly cutting and piecing of it all so I did it, and I am THRILLED that I did.  I came away with an awesome quilt that I gave to my niece for her first apartment and am happy to say, she still talks about how much her and her boyfriend love it.

     As I read Bonnie's story about her reason for naming the new mystery Celtic Solstice it made me think about my Irish heritage and the stories my mom told me about hers and my dad's trip to Ireland oh so many years ago.   I wasn't sure about the colorway when I looked at my paint chip samples but when I started to pull fabrics from my stash I knew I wanted to stick with Bonnie's colors.....all except for the neutrals.  My stash was pretty much depleted in that department but my drawer of black on white's, like last year, was full to almost overflowing.....(yeah, I got a little obsessed with getting a nice variety last year so I overshopped :)
Here's a picture of my bundle of fun for this year......
I think the quilt will be lots of fun and I'm absolutely certain I will not have any trouble finding someone to gift it to. 
I can't wait to see what Step 1 is........................
 
Lets get the Party started  :)

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

I love the fabrics that you have chosen for your quilt. Can't wait to see it progress as you work on the mystery quilt.

busylizzy said...

I am getting my house decorated for Christmas this weekend so I don't think I'll start until the weeknights. I was hesitant about the colors too but stuck with Bonnie's palet. Just went to Ireland in September so figured it would be the best keepsake for that trip! Can't wait to see your blocks.

Barbara said...

I truly admire you gals for doing these quilts. Being a one-time Bonnie Hunter dropout, I don't think I'll try again.
The fabrics look great. I'm eager to see them done!