Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Is There?

Is there a support group for quilters who can't cut the ribbon on their fat quarter and jelly roll bundles? If there is, I need to join!!!

I have the Abbey Lane Quilts pattern called "Match Box" with all the fabric needed to make it but I'm having trouble taking the ribbon off the bundle and jelly roll....I know I should just ask hubby or my daughter to do it as I leave the room but I just love looking at it all wrapped up...

Coincidentally, if you open the new "Quilter's Home" magazine and turn to page 64-65 there is a nice story about the Abbey Lane gals...with a picture of Match Box in the article. If I could just open the ribbon.................

Also, I finally put the last few stitches in the binding on my Meadow Blocks quilt last night.
I was very nervous assembling the top back in May because I wasn't sure how all the assorted prints would really go together but one assembled and quilted, well, I just fell in love with it! I used one of the large prints for the backing so it's pretty much reversible. I think I might have to keep this one for myself for tv watching.
I've got tomorrow off from work so I may be sewing most of the afternoon....anyone want to join me?????????

3 comments:

Robin said...

great job on the quilt Peg!! Now just tug one end of that ribbon..do it now..just DO it for dang sake..don't make me come over there and do it FOR you...LOL

Anonymous said...

I don't like disturbing the ties and ribbons around things I've bought either! I think the name for your quilt is perfect -- Meadow Blocks. Things growing in a meadow are always haphazard, but it's the whole picture that makes it pretty. Very nice!

busylizzy said...

Hey there Miss Lookie, I thought I read somewhere that you were cutting up credit cards? Hmmm, seems to me it was a post on June 8th as a matter of fact (cuz I looked). You should NEVER put things like that on the internet. They'll come back and bite you in the butt! LOL You'll notice I didn't take that challenge!!!! Love the fabrics Peggy. You've got good taste! :)