Saturday, July 24, 2010

Summer Flowers

My garden is not very big......and I don't have much in it, mainly because neither hubby nor I are gardeners. I do like flowers though so we do have a small area where I've tried growing sunflowers, with no luck, but these black eyed susans grow like weeds summer after summer!
I figure if I can't enjoy sunflowers then these are the next best substitute!


On the sewing front, the blue star runner is done.
I have it sandwiched and pinned but don't know quite how I want to quilt it so it's just sitting sandwiched on my ironing board. In the meantime I'm going to work on the Circle Around top.
When it's 93 and getting hotter by you, what do you do?
I am staying inside and sewing.....

3 comments:

Conni said...

Beautiful runner, Peg! And I'm with you...I've been staying in, too. Too, too hot for anything else.

Pat said...

That runner is very pretty!

Laura-IH said...

What a pretty runner! I love runners because I can get them done and feel like I really accomplished something! : P