Saturday, July 17, 2010

Where the heck.............

WHERE THE HECK DID MY SEWING MOJO GO????

I feel like I have been in a real slump.....I have not done a lick of real sewing in weeks. Since I was off Friday I got up, got myself moving and after lunch I decided I was coming in my sewing room and I was gonna find my "sewing mojo" if it took me all day. Thankfully, once I started picking up this and folding it and picking up that and putting it in the cabinet where it belonged, I found my mojo.....I grabbed a pile of blocks that I'd been working on since May and I got them assembled into rows and border # 1 attached. This is the fabric that I'll use for the border....





I received the Mary Engelbreit layer cake kit from Michelle as a gift at retreat in May and since I'm a big ME fan I really wanted to assemble the quilt as soon as possible.


Then I had an email from Robin asking me if I wanted to pick a project from our Thimbleberries "Welcome to the Table" club that we both do thru the Main Street Cotton Shop. Since we've been doing this club for almost a year and I haven't assembled a single kit (yes, you heard that right, not a single one) I decided that I'd pick a winter themed project and get a jump on the winter of 2010. The kit is called "Winter Stars Runner" and you get everything you need to assemble runner including backing. Main Street sends you written instructions to finish the runner but you have to make the center of it from the Thimbleberries "Big Book of Quilt Blocks".

I cut the project out after dinner tonight and have the center totally assebled and pressed. I may or may not attach the first border tonight, I'm not sure. This is how it looks so far though.
Normally, Robin, Michelle and I pick 3 projects a month that we ATTEMPT to finish in the 30 days. The past 6 weeks have pretty much been a bust for all 3 of us. If you look at Michelle's blog you will see her "Sewing Room in a Box" post and Robin has been working a lot on wool projects. Other than losing my mojo, I had no excuse.... BUT, I'm making a pledge to try and at least start all 3 of my projects this month and with the ME quilt and the winter runner, I've accomplished that. I hope by the end of August I will have added a "DOT" quilt that I cut out and made all the blocks at retreat and if memory serves me, I have them all assembled in piles of rows too....
I'm hoping I will be able to post more over the next week.....



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the table runner -- very striking!

Michelle said...

Glad your mojo is back! :)

The Other Barb said...

looks like you have gotten the sewing mojo back. keep it close by so it doesn't get away :)i think this summer's heat has several of us in a slump.that's my excuse anyway. i like the Winter Stars table runner.