Monday, January 2, 2012

QSQA Block #1



I am doing a Quilt Square Quilt Along with some of my BFF's and Jo's Country Junction.



Lori Smith is the designer of the blocks. I had originally thought I was going to make mine in greens with a goldish center pinwheel but as I started looking thru my fabrics I KNEW it would never end up being green...not with all the pretty reds I have so I spent an hour or so making it up.......


I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with each of the blocks yet. I originally thought I'd make mini's out of them and put them around the house but now I'm not sure, so for now I'll just make them and set them aside. I'm sure I'll get some inspiration after I start seeing what the others are doing.


Peggy

7 comments:

Kristi said...

This is really pretty. I love it in the reds and creams...so nice and fresh looking. Great job.

The Other Barb said...

This is a pretty block~

Jo said...

I am trying really hard to complete all my blocks as I go. I am afraid that I'll let them fall by the wayside if I don't. A sampler quilt at the end would be fun.

Ray and Jeanne said...

I love your block - so pretty! I think I'm going to finish each block and use them around the house. I think I'm going to experiment with different colors and make some seasonal. ~Jeanne

Lynn said...

I love the contrast of your block. Very pretty. Thanks for sharing.

Quilter Kathy said...

Beautiful!

Libby said...

Your block is perfect! It looks great in reds and creams! Just may have to use that color scheme in one of the squares!