Saturday, January 14, 2012

Where did this week go?



I don't know where this week went but I certainly was not in my sewing room!


I guess my daughter getting her puppy on Tuesday and then waking up in the middle of the night with a stomach bug that had her incapacitated for 2 days really put a crimp in my sewing time. With being home for the weekend and then again Monday for the holiday, I'm hoping to dedicate myself to a little bit of sewing.

To start today off I'm going to piece the back of this quilt. In my stash I found the cutest yellow flannel fabric. It has these fluffy whimsical clowns on it....LOVE IT! The selvage is still on it too and it's a Marcus Brothers and the designer is Dana Simson....and get this. The selvage has a printing date of 2002 on it!! Does anyone out there have any of her fabric?






I looked online and could not come up with anything so I'm guessing she didn't do a lot of fabric designing! Anyhoo, it's long enough for the longarm machine but not wide enough so I grabbed a bunch of coins and I'm going to cut the backing a little off center, pop the coins in and then attach the side. I think the backing with this little quilt will make some little one smile :)




If anyone out there reading this has any of Dana's fabric, I'd be willing to swap you something for it!!!



How's your Saturday? It's cold but sunny here in NJ!

2 comments:

Cardygirl said...

Cute little quilt...love the backing too!

Conni said...

Cute clown fabric! You are just whipping these quilt tops out. Way to go!