Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Welcome Luna

Let me preface this post by saying I have never been an "animal person". I don't dislike them, but I never really had that yearning for a puppy or a cat..... Sarah on the other hand has HOUNDED us for 20 years I think (and she's only 23) for a puppy. As luck would have it, our oldest daughter Jen knew that a client to her hair salon had quite a few that were born in November so when we started tossing the idea around we contacted the woman down in Baltimore, got pictures of them and voile! Luna was picked from the litter and today came home to Casa Aront to live. Here's Sarah holding her in the car right after we left the kennel. Of course we had to go to the salon to show Jen so here's a cute picture of Luna on Jen's lap.....
And finally, a picture of the two girls (sorry about the sun coming in the window) with the puppy.

Jen has a 9 year old pit bull named Romeo that has such a great personality and is so friendly so we're hoping that with Sarah's laid back personality that Luna will be just like her.

Here's hoping that the first pet we've ever had works out just like we hope!!!

And Yes, the name is from Sarah's favorite book HARRY POTTER....not that I'd know since I have never read any of the books...sorry all you HP Fans.










5 comments:

Samantha said...

Oh, Luna is so CUTE!!! I am so happy for Sarah!

Best of luck with the new pup!

Unknown said...

Luna will melt your heart.....you just wait and see!
She'll have you trained in no time!

Pat said...

Very cute...I have heard that pit bulls are the best if raised in a gentle, loving environment from the time they are pups.......very sweet-tempered, etc. I'm sure she will soon win your heart over, too!

Michelle said...

Cute! Sarah looks happy! :)

Laura-IH said...

She is cute, cute, cute! I've never had a dog, but I bet she'll be a lot of fun! : )