Friday, January 27, 2012

BFF Visit

Today I was lucky enough to spend the day with 2 of my best friends Robin and Michelle. Robin was up at some ungodly hour like 4:30 to come to NJ and although I forgot to ask Michelle what time she got up, she was at my house at 9am so with a 3 hour drive, I'm sure she was up around the same time as Robin.....but as they will both attest, we'd get up at any time for a visit with the girls.


The day started with some Show N Tell. In November I'd brought 3 quilts down to Michelle's house so today she brought them back for me. She does an AWESOME job quilting!!! One is a baby quilt for a girl my niece goes to school with, one is a wedding present for whenever my son and his fiance set the date, and the other is a top I started at retreat in May of 2011 called "Chain of Faith" and really doesn't have a recipient in mind. I just liked the pattern, LOVED the fabric and wanted to make it :)


After I saw my tops, Michelle gave Robin her "My Blue Heaven" quilt that she'd done for her....again, another AWESOME job!


At that point it was almost 10:00 so off we went to my local quilt shop, "Quilting Possibilities".



We started off slow....each of us only carrying a few fat quarters around but we eventually picked up some steam and started piling a few things up.



I got some yardage to do a 3 month mystery quilt project with both girls that Michelle is hostessing with her guild.


By the time we piled fabric all over the store and then paid, it was lunch time. We went to a local place called "Via Napoli" for some penne ala vodka and cheesesteaks.....YUM!


I will take some pictures of my haul probably with a new post when we start the mystery.





We topped the day off with chocolate chip cookies that Michelle brought and some brownies that my daughter made for me to serve......

We had a great day and we're hoping that in March, or sooner, we'll be able to get together again....




Thanks for coming girls...........I miss you already!!!






Peggy


3 comments:

Robin said...

Had an awesome time Peg!!! can't wait to do it again! SOOOO much fun, and you're right...I'd get up at any hour to see you two!!

Michelle said...

It was great to see you two! You're right...we need more pictures next time! :)

Unknown said...

I'm sorry I missed you at the shop!