Friday, December 28, 2012

"Easy Street-Step 6"

I am enjoying this journey on "Easy Street" so much!  I don't think it's because the steps have been easy, but I think the colorway just grabbed me from the start. 

I had one of those sleepless nights last night so as I was sitting in my sewing room doing a little embroidery at 4AM I saw the post go up for Step 6 but I knew I wasn't starting any cutting then....I waited till I'd gotten a little sleep, had some breakfast and even a quick trip to the quilt shop before I pulled out the fabric and got to cutting.

I had a few WOF strips and some fat quarters so I cut all the WOF up and matched them up with the odds and ends pieces so I got a nice variety.  Of course I didn't get all 128 the first time...Oh no, I had to go back and cut 8 more units and with a lot of luck on my side, I got the remaining units with 1 to spare  :)

I'm looking forward to Monday's accelerated step 7......

Here are my 128 black and white units and my 5-1/2 inch squares cut and ready for assembly........

No comments: