Monday, December 9, 2013

Celtic Solstice Part 2

     As I write this post I am realizing that I am not moving as fast on this year's mystery as I did last year but I'm fine with that because "I have to be"  :)    I know everyone is saying the same thing.....missing that extra week between Thanksgiving and the beginning of December has everyone thrown off.  I tend to take that extra week and prep for holiday shopping, list making, starting my candy making etc. but this year we are into the start of week 2 and I'm just now doing those things......

     Anyhow....I did finish Part 1 of the mystery but not in time to post over at Bonnie's blog so I'm including Part 1 that is finished and Part 2 in it's state that I found it when I came home from work today.  I kind of thought that the "mystery fairies" might drop by to lend a hand today but that wasn't the case so I'm updating with just the cutting layout and will start working on the units tonight.


    I can honestly say that I was a little nervous getting into this color way but when I saw part 2 cut out and the fact we're doing a chevron unit....well, I realized to myself that it's going to be an interesting and fun quilt.  I can't wait to see how the finished quilt looks!

2 comments:

Conni said...

Looks great, Peg! I have Step 1 finished, and am half way through Step 2.

The Other Barb said...

Good job Peg. Maybe ask your "Elf on the Shelf" to do your sewing while you work :)