Tuesday, December 24, 2013

2013 Celtic Solstice Mystery

     YAY.....I'm all caught up with my Bonnie Hunter Mystery units. 
     Part 3 was pinwheels and half square triangles which were super cute, and Part 3 was orange and green 4 patch units and they were fairly quick and easy to do. 

This picture is all 4 steps pictured together.
I'm hoping Bonnie will use more of the blue and neutral colors.  I'm not a real orange person so I'm looking forward to using more blue than orange  :)

And here is a question.  Do you square up your 4 patch units?  I do because I want mine to be very precise so this picture is what I had from 100 4 patch units.

Has anyone guessed what the quilt might look like?
I have no idea what to expect and I think I want to keep it that way.

Here's a link to Bonnie's Monday Link Up so you can check out other's updates:
http://quiltville.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2013-12-23T13:00:00-05:00&max-results=2



 

6 comments:

DaniQuilts said...

I did buy a 3 1/2 in square ruler to trim all my blocks, because I think it saves trouble if they're all as close to the same size as possible - so I will be trimming them all….at some point.
I also took a peek at your blog and I must say, Wow! your quilts are so beautiful! I look forward to seeing how your quilt comes together.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

That's a lot to do. Love the colors.

Anita said...

Great looking units!

Andee said...

It all looks great!

Vireya said...

I'm sure there will be blue and neutral in the next clue, because we are getting close to the end, and there's lots of those two colours left.

Your parts are all looking great!

busylizzy said...

I "finally" got started today Peggy. Hope to post updates on my blog. I just couldn't start it during the holidays. Your blocks look great, as always!