Tuesday, December 24, 2013

tone it down

Have you see this article in the February 2014 issue of "American Patchwork & Quilting"?
I think for me, it was an article that was much anticipated.  I'd seen a few blog posts and Instagram posts with hints that there was going to be a "quilt along" with about 9 or 10 designers as well as one of the editors of the magazine.

I had my niece and daughter looking in grocery stores and Barnes & Noble and I went to 2 quilt shops looking for the magazine....even though I subscribe to it. (I thought mine was missing in action :)

Lissa Alexander of MODALISSA.BLOGSPOT http://modalissa.blogspot.com/ wrote the article and got some designers on board to see how they'd make their version. 
I've gone to quite a few of the designer's blogs and I'm seeing that not all of them are doing their quilt scrappy.   I've made quite a few scrappy quilts recently so I'm going to change it up and make mine a planned color.....


        I'm thinking that I'd like to use this black, tan & red colorway.  I've been doing a lot of pastel, floral bright quilts of late and I want to do something a little more organized and dark.
                       Each block in the quilt is 15-1/2 inches and as you can see in this picture from the magazine, you can use up quite a bit of your stash making each block different.
 
I won't be starting this until after New Years Day since I want to finish up my Bonnie Hunter mystery and a couple other projects.
 
 

4 comments:

The Other Barb said...

Looking forward to seeing what you do with your colors in this quilt~

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Those colors look great to me!

Merry Christmas!

Cardygirl said...

It is a nice pattern...I will look forwRd to watching yours grow!

Vickie said...

I plan on making it, too and will probably use some of the Bonnie and Camille fabric I have. Love your fabrics will be nice to see what it looks like in something totally different.