Friday, April 4, 2014

"Morning Joe"

     If you follow my blog you've seen the assembly of this quilt here http://stitchinwithpeg.blogspot.com/2014/01/morning-joe_30.html
I think I'd have to say that I really enjoyed assembling this top.  I loved the fabrics a LOT and knowing it was going to be for a new baby who's grandma worked with me and that the baby daddy is in the US Coast Guard defending our country, well, it just made me happy.....and not to mention, it's all stars!!  I love star blocks!

     I finished it in no time but didn't get it quilted till last week.

I love the little swirls........


     For the backing of the quilt I used the "Potluck" by American Jane fabrics that were in the front as well.....
I used the rulers, little yellow check, little chicks and the pezzy print and as luck would have it, I had the blue dot in my stash.

I LOVE how the quilt came out and it's a more than generous size at 53 x 53 so this quilt will stay useable for the baby for quite a few years!

I can't wait for "grandma Laura" to see it when I bring it to her next week....just in time for the baby daddy to come back from sea and come for a quick visit from Florida to NJ.

1 comment:

Christine said...

I love it! I can see why you are so pleased with it.