Sunday, April 6, 2014

Quick Weekend Update

     This was one of those weekends where I didn't do anything big but I did cross a few things off my long list of things "to do" .

     Friday I got my "Swoon" quilt back from being quilted.  I immediately took it out of the box and did some swooning myself  LOL  
 
Beautiful quilting and I didn't have to trim it down....it came home all ready to get the binding sewn on.  I immediately did that and have it in the pile to be hand sewn down at night while I'm watching TV.

Next was the "Boxy Stars" quilt from January.  That too came home and got the same treatment that "Swoon" did.

I picked an all over tight meander with a goldish/brown color thread.  The binding is red, same fabric as the backing and it's in the pile too waiting for tacking down.

The rest of Saturday and Sunday was spent doing single blocks for various projects.

Our "Year of Schnibbles" group  is doing a mini but the moderators chose to use a Camille Roskelly (Thimbleblossom) pattern of our choice.  I had a few that I thought I'd do but in the end, I picked "Round & Round".
I actually got 2 mini's out of my cutting because I read "cut 8 star blocks out" but cut 9 so I got the one mini and then I made another one with just the 1 star.

Each star half square triangle is 1-1/2 inches!!!
Teeny tiny pieces!!!


I love the little star.  That finished up to 3-1/2 inches square so after I finished that I added a small border around it to make it 5-1/2 inches square.


This is a picture of my "mini" wall.  
I keep my fabric pens, pencils, rulers etc. in the hanging cups and as you can see, my iron is right on top of my ironing board.  I can sit at my sewing machine and see the wall.....something I enjoy!

And today, I made this 16-1/2 inch block.  I'm in a Quilting Bee with 99 other girls on Instagram.  We are all in groups of 12 and using the book "Modern Bee" by Lindsay Conner.  
We are in month 3 and the girl who is the Queen Bee this month chose this block called "Triple Star".
She wanted red, turquoise, lime green and white with a winter theme.
It is definitely cuter in person!!!

Now, to get back to my scrappy star blocks that I started last week.





2 comments:

JoAnne said...

You were very productive! Sometimes it is doing the small things that really help one feel accomplished!

The Other Barb said...

WOW You have been busy. I enjoy your posts~ Love seeing your projects.