Thursday, May 22, 2014

2013 Designer Mystery BOM

     Well, the time as come for the 2013 Designer Mystery BOM to call it a day.

     While I was away at retreat, the kit for block # 12 came so I immediately pressed the fabric and got to cutting and assembling.  As with the other 11, it was a fun and very pretty block to make, and the best part is, I can assemble the last row and get it done!

     Block 12 is called "Ruby Primrose" and it was designed by Barbara Groves & Mary Jacobson of Me And My Sisters Designs.

     Once I got that assembled I made up the sashing strips and little 9 patch units and voile!  It's a quilt center.  (my bottom unit needs to be sewn to the top but I was excited to show you my pretty blocks so I snapped a picture early :)
 I just looked at the border instructions and the first border will go on quickly since it's just a 2-1/2 inch strip of the neutral.  However, for the 2nd border I need 50   3 x 5-1/2 inch flying geese  EEK!
Then I will add a 7 inch border of a pretty green/red tiny print and call it a day.

I'd love to be finished by the end of the weekend so I can get it quilted, so wish me luck out there.....

Is anyone else doing this BOM?

Is there anyone out there that WISHED they'd done this BOM and wants the patterns?  Leave me a message and I'd be happy to send them to you.

Peggy

*****  Patterns have been sold**********

8 comments:

Christine said...

This is absolutely adorable. I don't always like sampler quilts, but this one has everything going for it. The colors, the cute borders. Love it.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Wonderful quilt. I still have the part I hate the most....sashing and borders......just love blocks...giggle.

The Other Barb said...

What a cute quilt~reat job...as always!

The Other Barb said...

I meant to say " GREAT" job! Should proof read my comment before I hit the button~ LOL

The Other Barb said...

What a cute quilt~reat job...as always!

Robin said...

beautiful quilt Peg!

Briarose said...

I would love the pattern, missed out on getting it. Let me know what you want in return. Wishing you luck in finishing it this weekend....you do have an extra day :)

Briarose said...

I would love the pattern, missed out on getting it. Let me know what you want in return. Wishing you luck in finishing it this weekend....you do have an extra day :)