Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Blogger Girl BOM

     I was NOT going to do this BOM but I said what the heck.....so once my "Grant Park" fabric came I got right to cutting.    If you want to check this one out here's the link to the blogger that's hostessing http://www.opengatequilts.com/bloggergirlsbomii.html

     The first 2 blocks, the modified churn dash blocks, were easy and went together fast.  I expected the next 2 to go fast as well, and they did for the most part.  The designer calls for using a special ruler, which I happened to have only because it came with a pattern I had or
red a few years ago.

     You make the geese unit a little larger than needed and trim it down with the special ruler.  The block did assemble quite nicely.
     I'm thinking that with the blocks only being 6.5 inches and we're only making 13, I'll probably make a table topper....
     Here's my January and February blocks

         Peggy

No comments: