Monday, February 10, 2014

"Warm Winter Blessings"

     I actually finished my "Warm Winter Blessings" quilt back before Christmas but with the holidays and everything else that was going on, I never got it quilted.....but I did rectify the situation right after New Years!

     I did not even know it was on it's way back to me until I walked out the front door on Friday and there it was..... Have mercy!!!!  

     I didn't know how to have it quilted....did the girl go over the wool?  Did I get it done with just a meander?   I didn't know!   So, I left it for the "professional" and was thrilled with how it turned out.
She did go over the wool, which looks kinda cool....and I asked her to do something "wintery...snowflakes?".  
 It's REALLY hard to get a picture of both the quilt and the quilting!  I hang a quilt in the front hallway on the left as you walk in the front door so I can't stand directly across from it, so I have to step inside the "little girls room" and snap away  :)

The quilter has a snowflake pattern that she used, which turned out awesome!!!

As you can see from this picture below, Luna was standing there wondering what the heck I was doing on the stepstool!




Here's as close up as I could get of one of the snowmen.....  I picked this block to celebrate "Valentine's Day"  LOL

I am very happy I was able to bind this Friday night while watching the Olympics Opening Ceremonies and then finished it off last night watching the Beatles show.....which I thought was wonderful!!!

Now, off to start cutting for the next Schnibbles Parade!!!


Peggy