Sunday, July 27, 2014

Friday Night and Saturday Binding

     I've been on a roll with trying to get some small binding projects done this week so Friday night and yesterday in the car I finished 2 small table toppers.
         The first is this twister runner that is made from an old Bonnie & Camille line "Cotton Blossoms".  I made this at a retreat 2-3 years ago?   It went together quickly and I did like it but it's the finishing on some of the small items that I do that takes longer than it should.  In my attempt to finish up some older things I just pulled it out, did a wavy line quilting and got the binding on this week, finishing the last bit on my drive into NYC yesterday.

Once that runner was done I had this smaller one to finish up. I'd started it Friday night while watching TV, but it had a long side to finish......
This mini is called "Signature Quilt" and it's from the book "Prairie Children and their Quilts".  Tilda at Huckleberry Stitches is doing a summer sew along from this book.  I missed the first one while I was on vacation but quickly made this one up in about 2 hours the other night.  I used leftover scraps from another small project I am doing that needs finishing up this week too.

 


I'm not putting any verses or signing mine, I just wanted to make the mini and then I might have someone in mind to gift it to.....

It felt good to have these 2 small projects finished and since I knew I'd be in the car a while I brought along a 3rd small binding project that I'll show as soon as that's finished.  

Our car trip yesterday was to New York to see Rocky.  My kids know how hubby and  I enjoy the shows a lot so when we have "gift giving" holidays like birthdays, christmas and father's day, they tend to chip in and send us to a show.  Al got these tickets for Father's Day so off we went yesterday.

First stop was a macaron shop for my daughter.  That girl loves them!  Then lunch at a little retro diner/luncheonette called T45 which we'd never been too and then "Rocky" at the Winter Garden Theatre.  It was a great day and not too hot since it was a little overcast and drizzly every once in a while.
Here are a few pictures from our walk around........
Leather art on the streets....

Bicycles for your use to get around




Peggy

2 comments:

Huckleberry stitches said...

Beautiful job on your Signature quilt! Thanks for joining the quiltalong. The parade is posted and so is next months project.

Jan said...

Hi, new reader, here. I was wondering if you'd recommend the T45 diner? I only get to NYC for a week, once a year, and really appreciate recommendations. Thanks.