Sunday, September 14, 2014

"PURGE"

    "PURGE" has been a word I've been using a lot of since January.  It's come into play both in my sewing room and other parts of my life.  I'm purging clothes that don't fit, food we don't eat and even the garage has not been left alone.  I've been in this house a little over 20 years and I had a couple boxes that I never opened from the previous move!  

     I've been going thru sewing room cabinets, taking fabrics out and either cutting them up to use, sell them, give away or make something from them.  This week I had had enough of  kicking and moving a pop up bin in my room....enough!  I sat on Saturday morning and dumped the pile of fabric out and started to make piles.  I had some fabrics that I decided to sell (and did), some that I cut up into useable scraps, and I even took a pile of 1 and 1-1/2 yard pieces of fabric and cut them into pillowcase kits.  I had 21-1/2 yards of fabric!  
I was able to assemble 15 pillowcases from that bundle.   I used some fabrics for both the body and the leftover I used for the accent strip.  
I'm going to contact my LQS this week and see if they're collecting for the million pillowcase challenge and then bring them over to her.  The only one that won't go is the Union Jack/blue polka dot.  That one I made for my daughter and her obsession with Union Jack's.....

What amazes me about this process is that it barely made a dent in my stash!  

All in all a nice PURGE weekend......

4 comments:

Terry said...

No matter how much I sew from my stash, I never seem to make a dent in it! LOL

Conni said...

What a great variety of pillowcases! I think it's impossible to use up our stash...I think they are multiplying on their own as we sleep! LOL!! Congrats on the purge.

gailss said...

Sounds like something familiar....could also be my stash pile that keeps growing. Have to really stop and use up some of these pieces too!

The Other Barb said...

Love the bright colored pillow case. Great job!