This pattern came with a couple of different layouts but since I'd done a few pinwheel projects recently I decided to go with the rows of geese, and I'm thrilled that I did since it really looks awesome as far as I'm concerned!
The new project for the AYOS is called "Harvey".
Our hostesses Sherri and Sinta gave us a heads up for October as to which project was next because this quilt is a bit larger than what we have been doing lately.
Miss Rosie made her quilt using an assortment of white background prints and a black chambray from Lecien.
I had this black/grey swirl fabric called "Essentials" by Wilmington Prints which has a nice heavy feel and then I scoured through my HUGE collection of low volume prints to get the basket made.....
I have a busy October coming up with a baby shower for my daughter and my son moving out of our house, so I decided to get a jump on mine yesterday.
I have all of my black parts cut and ready for assembly along with the 36 print/print and 64 print/black HST's.
I am also one of those quilters that make my half square triangles larger than needed and trim them to size afterward. I find that works for me.
Here is a picture of the little pile of trimmings....
They'res not a lot and well worth it to get a nice exact block size.
I'll be back hopefully by the end of the week with a finished picture of the top so I can get it out to the quilter over the weekend.