Friday, January 30, 2009

Bento Box

I know it's "git er done" time but I just had to start a new project last night....

I took this pattern and the "NIKKI" fat quarter pack from Pat Sloan, with me to retreat last May but never touched it. I have been thinking about it a LOT the past week so I pressed all the fat quarters and started cutting the appropriate size strips last night so now I'm ready to start sub cutting and making the blocks....


With the cutting instructions given, you can make 4 sub units or 1 large block.... Here's a picture of what I did earlier... I don't know if you consider this 4 blocks or 1 but I will not be assembling it as 1, I will be doing it like it is shown on the left.


The Nikki line is very bright and quite a bit different than the Thimbleberries fabrics I've been using a lot lately so I'm excited that I'll be getting something totally different and much brighter...... I'll be working on this most of the weekend so check back often for updated pictures.....


Peggy

2 comments:

Barb said...

I love that...you will be done in no time. Can't wait to see it all done.

Anonymous said...

Although I love Thimbleberries, these colors are more lively -- a harbinger of Spring!