Saturday, January 3, 2009

SUMMERTIME WOOL PROJECT


I know, I know, I'm not supposed to be starting any new projects but I just HAD to start this one. I got the package in yesterdays mail with all those gorgeous wools and couldn't hold myself back from opening them up and cutting into them.....The picture doesn't do it justice but trust me, this is going to be one gorgeous wall hanging when I finish it.
If you like to do handwork and are looking for a neat project, this might just be the one for you!
Peggy

5 comments:

Barb said...

I love it, but I have never worked with wool before? Do you just blanket stitch around the items?

Conni said...

Oh, Peggy, that is stunning! I love the look of the wools on black! Can't wait for the next block!

Laura-IH said...

That is gorgeous! Don't you love wool? I do!

Anonymous said...

OK, seeing this and a few other things has made me buy some wool felt. I have never used it before, but if cutting and glueing are the first steps, I'll enjoy it. Not that I plan to try this project (beautiful, Peggy!), something much smaller, please. ;)

Purple and Paisley said...

oh, wow...it is gorgeous! i have never appliqued before...makes me want to try it! also wanted to thank you for your visits to my blog during my bday celebration...i truly appreciate it! ☺