Saturday, November 15, 2014

Star Plus Quilt Along

I was impatient to be waiting around on this Star Plus Quilt Along so whenever I had a chance I made a few blocks.....then I found myself with nothing to do on Friday so I finished up the remainder of them, made the last unit today and voile!  a finished quilt.

I LOVE the fabrics I chose, I LOVED making the blocks and even the backing was fun.  I used up anything over half a yard and made a very scrappy back for it.

My favorite quilter Sarah has been warned....it's coming her way on Monday and I'm betting anything that this time next week I'll have it back all quilted.




Here's the details on the finished product...........

The pattern is called :  Star Plus by Machen & Tun, I bought it on Craftsy.
The quilt measures:   61 X 81
The fabric used is : Nine Dots by Miss Rosie's Quilt Co. for Henry Glass.
And the thing I'm proudest of is I didn't purchase a single thing.  It all came from my stash!

NOW.....I do have quite a bit of fabric left over, and after having it hanging around for so long, and making 2 quilts with it, I'm ready to offer my leftovers to anyone that thinks they "need/want" it.
There is I'd say a yard of the dark pink and at least a fat quarter of the rest seen in this picture.

Just leave me your name and I'll pick a winner from a hat early in the week.  
This fabric is out of print and although you might be able to pick a few pieces up out there in cyberspace, it's not a line that will be easy to get more of......

Have a great rest of your weekend.

Peggy


11 comments:

The Other Barb said...

This quilt is so very pretty! I love the different size stars in one quilt..I'd love to win the rest of your fabric ;)

Conni said...

Peggy, this turned out so pretty! Very feminine! Can't wait to see it quilted.

Material Girl said...

Your quilt is gorgeous! If I won your leftovers, I could have one like it! I don't have those soft pretties in my stash!

Unknown said...

Very nice I am a young quilter and would absolutely love to win your leftovers. A quilter can never have enough material.

Carolyn said...

Peggy, your quilt top turned out great and I can't wait to see it quilted! The colors are so very pretty.

Sarah said...

Your quilt turned out so pretty! The colours are great. You have been so productive lately, churning out quilts!

Lynda said...

WOW! Love the variety of block sizes and colors. Quilting will be the icing on the cake. Good job!

Kris said...

THAT is GORGEOUS!
xo Kris

gailss said...

Nice fabrics and a great selection of colors....thanks!
Your star quilt is just so nice and cheery.

Unknown said...

I love your quilt! So pretty! I would also love to win your leftovers! Those are not colors that I would normally pick so it would be fun to try something new. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Your quilt is gorgeous! I hope you haven't already had the giveaway - I'd love to have a quilt in those fabrics!