Monday, November 3, 2014

Flat Roy

     About 2 weeks ago I received a letter from my nephew's son.
 Steven and his class at the Tommie Barfield School in Florida are learning about the states and sent letters to friends and family outside of Florida.
Steven(in the middle in this picture with his brother Matt and sister Kaitlyn) sent "Flat Roy Halliday" who I'm guessing was a favorite baseball player of his.  If he'd sent Roy a little sooner we could have taken him to Yankee Stadium because according to my husband, he ALWAYS wanted to be a Yankee instead of part of the Phillies Organization.....

Anyhow, we were supposed to take Roy to a local landmark and take a picture of him there and if we could, send a brochure or some information on our particular state landmark.

      We started out driving up the NJ Tpke to Newark Airport.....  Not a landmark?  Oh ok........


Stopped in IKEA and did some shopping.......Again, not a landmark?  UGH.....


Johnny Rocket for lunch???????


GEESH.....  OK, lemme think.  What's a good landmark that's close to where I live ?
I've got it............

How about the Barnegat Lighthouse????   Yes, the Barnegat Lighthouse is right down the road from our house so even though Ikea and Johnny Rocket were fun, we were really supposed to use someplace close to the house.  Roy had fun anyway.....



Here's my niece Shannon holding Roy up :)


NOW.......before I start to get lots of emails about another NJ landmark I could have taken Roy to while I was at Newark Airport, IKEA and Johnny Rocket....YES, you know her......
I was with my daughter that's 9 months pregnant and after walking around the store, she was tired, swollen, and in NO mood to head here......

If Steven ever needs another project done, I will gladly go again......

Peggy



No comments: