Tuesday, December 9, 2014

"Mini Shine"

     Welcome to December and the next AYOS project called "Mini Shine".
Shine and Mini Shine were both designed by Sherri McConnell of the blog "A Quilting Life".
I've done a couple of Sherri's single patterns so I knew that this one would be just as easy to follow along and make as in the past.

      I had a pile of scraps from another project that never made it to the scrap bin so I cut them up and used them for this project.  Although, as I cut and laid them out I thought they'd be "stunning", I found after the assembly that cute would work better  :)

       This will make a great table topper for my family room table in the spring.



     


This mini quilt measures 17 X 17, fabrics for the front are a mixture of Bonnie & Camille fabrics and the back was just something I had in my stash that worked well and fit the project.
I did a simple straight line quilting on it which I think worked nicely for such a small project.

No comments: